Saturday, December 27, 2014

Three Balloon Morning

Last night was clear and cold -- the coldest night of the season with temperatures in the desert dipping well below freezing and into the 20s. This morning dawned clear and cold with almost no wind making it a good morning for hot air ballooning.
As evidence of that I present that we had three hot air balloons in the sky this morning. It is not unusual to see more than one in the sky here, but I rarely get to capture multiple balloons in one shot.
Alas, only two of them drifted closer toward my back yard. The one on the right has made many close appearances, but the yellow one is new to me.
Morning sunlight glinting off of the balloon's metal parts above.
It looks like siesta time, though I don't recommend leaning against a saguaro.

No comments:

Post a Comment