Sunday, June 1, 2014

A Shameless Plug and A Sunset

Hey, it's June. That means that the July issue of Sky & Telescope magazine is now out. I've got an article in the issue on light pollution and how cities look from space at night. Here's what the cover looks like (with an oval to highlight my article):
I've been reading S&T since I was around 14, so it is a nice feeling to have an article of my own show up in print. If you get the chance to read it, feel free to let me know what you think. I've blogged here before on the view of cities from space and these posts are the most popular ones on my blog.

Changing the subject, we had a beautiful sunset this evening to kick off the new month. The high level cirrus clouds we shining with a lovely orange glow, making a vivid contrast against the blue sky. 
In spite of it being crazy hot in Tucson right now, the was a nice beginning to the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment